Austin-based Certified KonMari Consultant
The KonMari Method of organizing was introduced by Japanese Tidying Consultant Marie Kondo in her best-selling book The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up. Marie Kondo's holistic approach to home organizing gets to the source of clutter and helps identify what sparks joy in your life. The result is a total lifestyle transformation that is no less than magic!
As Austin's first Certified KonMari Consultant at the Bronze level (over 50 tidying sessions completed), I can help you achieve transformative results. The main principles of the KonMari Method are:
- Commit yourself to tidying up. Tidying should be done completely, all at once, as quickly as possible (3-6 months is ideal). This allows you to experience the effects of having your whole home in order. Once you have experienced these results, you will be motivated and possess the tools to keep it that way.
- Envision your ideal lifestyle Before you start tidying, take the time to imagine your ideal home environment and lifestyle. This vision will carry you through the tidying journey.
- Finish discarding first. We have too much stuff. We can only create order once we've decided what we want to keep. All storage during the tidying journey is temporary. You will determine permanent homes for your remaining belongings at the end.
- Tidy by category, not location. Categories include clothing, books, paper, komono (miscellaneous), & sentimental. Download the complete checklist here.
- Keep only what SPARKS JOY! Through this process, you'll heighten your sensitivity to joy and increase your mindfulness about what you buy and how you take care of it. This mental shift is what ensures you keep your home organized for good.
- Store items standing up. Save space by stacking side-by-side rather than vertically to quickly and easily access what you need.
Ready to get Organized for Good?
The KonMari Method is a long-term approach that requires significant commitment, as we tackle one category at a time during our weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly KonMari tidying sessions (5 hours each).