What is a clothing swap?
A clothing swap is an event in which participants exchange their valued but no longer used clothing for clothing they will use. Clothing swaps are considered not only a good way to refill one's wardrobe, but also are considered an act of environmentalism.
How to participate:
1. Register for the event
2. Clean out your closet and only keep items that spark joy! Put your keeps away neatly and with joy.
3. Bag up your gently used women's clothing and shoes and bring them with you to the Swap on Sunday September 30, from 11am-1:30pm. If you don't need your hangers, bring your items on hangers. (Any very worn or ripped garments or undergarments can be brought in a separate bag to be taken to textile recycling.)
4. When you arrive, you'll confirm registration at the door, make your donation to Austin Pets Alive (suggested $10-20), and hang up your swap items on the designated racks. Once your items have been placed appropriately, you can begin your "swap shopping."
5. Any items on the designated racks or tables are yours for the choosing, and fitting rooms will be available.
6. Any items remaining after 1:30pm will be donated to Austin Pets Alive Thrift and sold to further support APA programming to continue finding homes for each and every one of our furry friends.