Attention all you new KonMari Konverts! If you watched Tidying Up with Marie Kondo on Netflix and immediately felt compelled to clean out your closets, chances are you have identified lots of clothes that no longer spark joy in your home. If this is you, then I invite you to bring your no longer joy-sparking clothes, shoes, jewelry and other accessories to trade. The event is hosted by Organized for Good in partnership with Austin Pets Alive!, a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization.
What is a clothing swap?
A clothing swap is an event in which participants exchange their new or used clothing and accessories with other attendees for items that truly do spark joy. (Any very worn or ripped garments or undergarments can be brought in a separate bag to be taken to textile recycling.) Clothing swaps are not only a good way to refresh one's wardrobe, they are also a sustainable substitute to shopping for new clothing. As you may or may not know, the fashion industry is one of the heaviest polluters of our planet and a big contributer to human rights' abuses.
At this particular clothing swap, items that remain at the end of the swap will be donated to Austin Pets Alive! Thrift South.
How to participate:
1. RSVP for the event (free). Your donation to APA will be made at the door and will go directly to support APA Programs.
2. Clean out your closet and only keep items that spark joy! Put your keeps away neatly and with joy.
3. Bag up your gently used women's clothing and shoes and bring them with you to the Swap on Sunday September 30, from 11am-1:30pm. If you don't need your hangers, bring your items on hangers. (Any very worn or ripped garments or undergarments can be brought in a separate bag to be taken to textile recycling.)
4. When you arrive, you'll confirm registration at the door, make your donation to Austin Pets Alive (suggested $10-20), and hang up your swap items on the designated racks. Once your items have been placed appropriately, you can begin your "swap shopping."
5. Any items on the designated racks or tables are yours for the choosing, and fitting rooms will be available.
6. Any items remaining after 1:30pm will be donated to Austin Pets Alive Thrift and sold to further support APA programming to continue finding homes for each and every one of our furry friends.